Room and Board
The fees listed below include lodging, meals, bedding, towels, laundry service, electricity, hot water, and access to labs and the conservancy. All fees are quoted in US Dollars.
Fees for long-term researchers (>30 days) are all-inclusive with no reduction for vacating on a temporary basis.
‘Guests’, as referred to in the fees sheet (Mpala Fees 2020), are individuals staying <2 weeks. These may include individuals visiting a resident(host) scientist (but not working for or assisting that scientist). Kindly note: Payment of fees is the sole responsibility of the researcher-host and unpaid fees at the end of guest or family visits will be billed to the host.
Bookings may be made with Cosmas Nzomo (Logistics Manager), at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Monthly invoices are issued to each researcher, and payment is expected upon receipt of invoice.
- Advance payment is required for those starting new research projects, those projects likely to incur large costs, and when projects will need Mpala to facilitate payments.
- Please make the necessary arrangements with your university, institution, or other source of funding, for payment well in advance.
- Pro forma invoices can be issued on request to facilitate the payment of an initial deposit. Kindly note that pro forma invoices only reflect the anticipated/estimated amount to be incurred; an invoice is sent monthly, and at the conclusion of the visit.
- On-site researchers are requested to visit the finance office and review bills each month.
- Researchers have one (1) month, from the issue of an invoice, to submit a complaint in writing to email@example.com, about the invoice. If complaints are not made in a timely manner, no changes will be allowed.
- Cash payment may be made in USD or KES at our offices. We do not process credit cards at our Kenyan offices. You can pay online using a credit card or PayPal (using the “Pay Now” button below); by way of wire transfer (wire transfers must be made in USD), or by cheque made out to our US-based bank (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for details).
- Kindly note: As charges are in USD, conversion for payment in KES is at the prevailing daily rate of the Central Bank of Kenya.
Payment using Paypal
To pay online, please click on the “Pay Now” button below. A window “item amount” will appear. Please calculate the amount to be entered in the “item amount” box as follows in order for Mpala to receive the full invoice amount.
To calculate the “item amount” please take the invoice amount plus $0.30, divided by 0.971. Enter the calculated amount, click update, and proceed to fill out the payment information. Example: Mpala invoice for $525.00. “Item Amount”= ($525 + $0.30)/0.971. Amount to enter in the box should be $540.99.
Kindly note, we will charge late payment fees as follows: any unpaid bills will be charged a 5% interest fee after 60 days, a 10% fee after 90 days and 15% for each month thereafter.
Debtor payments may be made as described under Payment Terms Number 7.