World Rabies Day
Mpala invites you to join a discussion around the topic of rabies. As the world battles a pandemic caused by a virus, our panel of experts will share insights on how a grass-roots campaign and collaboration can help eradicate the rabies virus.
Rabies is considered one of the world neglected diseases. Our panellists will discuss the formation and success of the Laikipia Rabies Vaccination Campaign (LRVC) and the goal of eradication of rabies in Kenya by 2030. Using a ‘One Health’ approach, the LRVC has piloted a robust and effective field-based effort towards this goal.
September 28th 2020
10:00 AM EDT/ 5:00 PM EAT
Confirmed panelists include:
- Dr. Adam Ferguson, Negaunee Collections Manager, Mammals; Field Museum of Natural History, Chicago, USA
- Dr. Dishon Muloi, Postdoctoral Research Fellow – AMR, International Livestock Research Institute
- Dr. Scarlett Magda, Founding President, Veterinarians International
- Mr. Dedan Ngatia, PhD student, Department of Zoology and Physiology, University of Wyoming, USA
- Dr. Maureen Kamau, Mpala-Smithsonian Veterinarian Research Fellow in One Health
- (moderator) Dr. Dino J. Martins, Executive Director, Mpala Research Centre, Kenya
Grab a cup of tea or coffee (or a glass of wine) and join us!