Mpala is located on the Laikipia plateau in north central Kenya, just north of the Equator, northwest of Mt. Kenya. It covers 48,000 acres of savannah and dry woodland habitats and is bordered by Ewaso Ngiro and the Ewaso Narok rivers. The land hosts Mpala Ranch and Mpala Research Centre. We seek a dynamic, committed and dedicated individual to work as a procurement and supply chain officer.
Participate in effective management of the procurement process of Mpala’s requirements through internal need consolidation, supplier identification, procurement and supply chain process management and quality assurance in line with the Mpala’s mission.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the design, review and oversee the implementation of procurement policies and procedures guided by Mpala’s policies.
- Design the bid evaluation process and manage the procurement needs for commodities and services required by user departments, including the approval of quotations, purchase orders, and proposals in accordance with Mpala procurement policy and procedures.
- Facilitate business relationships by facilitating the preparation of contracts with vendors, maintaining contracts and monitoring contracts.
- Prepare quotations, tenders, proposals process purchase orders and documents in accordance with Mpala procurement policies and procedures;
- Carry out the purchasing process from sourcing to delivery and developing and maintaining an up-to-date supplier’s database;
- Participate in the analysis of purchase requests from the user departments, determining the appropriate method of procurement tendering/requesting for proposals and providing assistance to user departments, when required, in the preparation of specifications;
- Ensure that all purchases meet the required standards and specifications.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain Management or a related field from a recognized University
- A valid KISM certificate.
- CIPS will be an added advantage;
- 3 years of experience in procurement and or supply chain management
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good networking skills.
- A strategic thinker, always ready to adapt and learn with high levels of integrity, innovation, accountability and honesty with good negotiation skills.
- Technology savvy with proficiency in the use of MS Office software packages.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send a single pdf attachment with the subject procurement and supply chain officer to email@example.com, or send hard copies of the documents addressed to the Head Of Human Resource and Administration, P.O. Box 555-10400 Nanyuki on or before 20th May 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- A brief introduction of yourself (up to 300 words),stating why you would be an excellent procurement and supply chain officer.
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V).
- Include your academic/professional certificates.