Mpala is located on the Laikipia plateau in north central Kenya, just north of the Equator, northwest of Mt. Kenya. It covers 48,000 acres of savannah and dry woodland habitats and is bordered by Ewaso Ngiro and the Ewaso Narok rivers. The land hosts Mpala Ranch and Mpala Research Centre. We seek a dynamic, committed and dedicated individual to work as a plumber.
THE JOB PURPOSE
To install and repair water pipes, fixtures and other plumbing at Mpala following set standards and procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Undertaking plumbing works and installation of drainage systems.
- Install, repair and maintain piping, fixtures and fittings in guest rooms, bathrooms, washrooms, kitchens, and other water points, and
appurtenances of the water supply, drainage systems.
- Regular inspection, maintenance and repairs of the water boreholes, dams and spray-race.
- Diagnosis and clearance of blocked pipes and drains.
- Inspect structures to assess material and equipment needs, to establish the sequence of pipe installations.
- Ensure leakages are attended to in a timely manner
- Ensure that the main pipe lines are producing enough water.
- Regularly clean the main pipeline intakes and meters.
- Carrying out sewage installations, alterations, repair and general maintenance.
- Cleaning water tanks at Mpala.
- Read and maintain weekly/monthly records of all repairs done and submitted to the supervisor.
- Ensure health safety & environment procedures are followed during the actualization of works.
- Ensure that water repairing equipments are in safe operating condition.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Certificate in Plumbing grade III from a technical institution or polytechnic.
- 3 years experience in a similar role.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Hardworking and innovative.
- Able to work independently with minimum.
- Dependable, honest and trustworthy.
- Energetic, positive, and constructive attitude.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send a single pdf attachment with the subject Plumber to email@example.com, or send hard copies of the documents addressed to the Head Of Human Resource and Administration, P.O. Box 555-10400 Nanyuki .
• A brief introduction of yourself (up to 300 words),stating why you would be an excellent plumber.
• Curriculum Vitae (C.V).
• Include your academic/professional certificates
Application will be reviewed as received. The last day of review will be 9th December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.