Mpala is located on the Laikipia plateau in north central Kenya, just north of the Equator, northwest of Mt. Kenya. It covers 48,000 acres of savannah and dry woodland habitats and is bordered by Ewaso Ngiro and the Ewaso Narok rivers. The land hosts Mpala Ranch and Mpala Research Centre. We seek a dynamic, committed and dedicated individual to work as a Sonographer in the Turkana Health Genomics project. The project focuses on the Turkana people of Northern Kenya. This project is a collaboration between Princeton University and Mpala.
The Sonographer will be responsible for the overall coordination radiology and sonography services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Evaluate’ participants medical condition and history to determine most suitable radiographic technique for diagnosis.
- Interact with participants to offer them psychological support and address their concerns after an imaging procedure.
- Adjust diagnostic equipment to deliver an accurate amount of radiation to patients.
- Perform diagnostic imaging examinations.
- Ensure radiation safety measures and protection devices are used and observed to ensure compliance and safety for both patients and staff.
- Ensure scheduled maintenance and minor emergency repairs on radiographic equipment are conducted.
- Ensure accurate documentation and care of patient records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Diploma in medical imaging from any other recognized institution.
- 3 years’ experience in a busy centre in ultrasound and X-ray department.
- Must be registered by the radiation protection Board.
- Must have a current and valid practicing license.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a team player.
- Good listening and communication skills.
- Ability to work and deliver results with minimum supervision.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send a single pdf attachment with the subject Sonographer – TGHP to email@example.com containing.
A brief introduction of yourself (up to 300 words),stating why you would be an excellent Sonologist.
Curriculum Vitae (C.V).
Include your academic/professional certificates.
Application will be reviewed as received. The last day of review will be 12th August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.