Mpala is located on the Laikipia plateau in north central Kenya, just north of the Equator, northwest of Mt. Kenya. It covers 48,000 acres of savannah and dry woodland habitats and is bordered by Ewaso Ngiro and the Ewaso Narok rivers. The land hosts Mpala Ranch and Mpala Research Centre.
We seek to recruit an outreach Officer to lead project outreach activities, including encouraging community participation in domestic dog vaccination, sharing knowledge with communities to resolve human-carnivore conflict, and promoting the project locally, nationally, and internationally using print, broadcast and social media.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
• Develop or oversee the development of outreach materials working with technical advisors project partners and others to ensure that messages are based on the best available evidence and working with community officers to ensure they are locally appropriate.
• Manage relations with the community outreach arts theatre group contributing to the development and refinement of the participatory play and overseeing the production of video clips for local sharing.
• Liaise with project partners to ensure that key messages are being communicated accurately and effectively by everyone involved in the project.
• Liaise with the monitoring officer and all other team members to ensure that messaging draws on the latest evidence and experience from the project.
• Work with Mpala management and the MpalaLive! team to embed messages about the project into Mpala communications
• Liaise with journalists and film-makers locally, nationally and internationally to promote the project’s messages.
• Develop and expand the project’s digital presence through local WhatsApp groups, social media, and other appropriate platforms.
• BSc Degree or Diploma in social sciences, Environment, Community Development.
• Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Report writing is essential.
• Flexibility to work with the conservancy staff in harsh environments in wild dog monitoring.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Atleast 3 years of field experience
• Prove of leadership will be an added advantage.
To apply for this position, please send a single pdf attachment with the subject Outreach Officer for wild dog project to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
• A brief introduction of yourself.
• Curriculum Vitae (C.V).
• BSC or Diploma certificates.
Please send your applications on or before 21st April 2022 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.