Mpala is located on the Laikipia plateau in north central Kenya, just north of the Equator, northwest of Mt. Kenya. It covers 48,000 acres of savannah and dry woodland habitats and is bordered by Ewaso Ngiro and the Ewaso Narok rivers. The land hosts Mpala Ranch and Mpala Research Centre. We seek a dynamic, committed and dedicated individual to work as a driver in the Turkana Health Gemonics project. The project focuses on the Turkana people of Northern Kenya. This project is a collaboration between Princeton University and Mpala
- Driving the vehicle as authorized.
- Ensure cleanliness of the vehicle.
- Detect and report any faults in a timely manner.
- Maintain a work ticket for vehicle.
- Ensure routine service and maintenance checks of the vehicle.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Basic Education.
- Excellent driving skills with at least four (4) years driving experience in a similar capacity including one- year experience operating four-wheel drive vehicles.
- Must possess a clean driving license free from any endorsement;
- Adequate knowledge of the highway code.
- Defensive Driving Certificate from Automobile Association (AA) of Kenya or equivalent qualification from a recognized Institution will be an added advantage.
- Resourceful, motivated and independent working personality.
- Energetic, positive, and constructive attitude.
- Ability to speak turkana will be an added advantage.
To apply for this position, please send a single pdf attachment with the subject Driver – TGHP to firstname.lastname@example.org containing:
A brief introduction of yourself (up to 300 words), stating why you would be an excellent driver for the Turkana Health and Genome Project.
Curriculum Vitae (C.V).
Valid driving license.
Application will be reviewed as received. The last day of review will be 12th August 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.