Mpala is located on the Laikipia plateau in north central Kenya, just north of the Equator, northwest of Mt. Kenya. It covers 48,000 acres of savannah and dry woodland habitats and is bordered by Ewaso Ngiro and the Ewaso Narok rivers. The land hosts Mpala Ranch and Mpala Research Centre. We seek a dynamic, committed and dedicated individual to work as an electrician.
To undertake a variety of tasks relating to setting up and maintaining electrical infrastructure. The job will involve installing electrical wiring, troubleshooting malfunctions, and repairing appliances.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform general electrical maintenance.
- Troubleshoot electrical issues using appropriate testing devices.
- Repair and replace equipment, electrical wiring/fixtures.
- Perform routine inspection on electrical infrastructure.
- Read technical diagrams and interpret as per engineering principles.
- Carry out any new installations as per engineering design.
- Repair electrical controls, wiring and lighting system.
- Maintain a safe and clean work area.
- Regular checks maintenance and repair of the turbine, solar system and generator to ensure optimum performance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Diploma in Electrical engineering or its equivalent
- 3 years proven working experience as an electrician.
- Demonstrated knowledge of various 3-phase electrical circuits, plants and equipment.
- Experience in industrial and/or commercial electrical systems.
- Demonstrable ability to use electrical and hand tools (e.g. wire strippers, voltmeter, etc)
- Knowledge of safety procedures and legal regulations and guidelines.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility to work long shifts and overnights.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send a single pdf attachment with the subject electrician to email@example.com, or send hard copies of the documents addressed to the Head Of Human Resource and Administration, P.O. Box 555-10400 Nanyuki.
- A brief introduction of yourself (up to 300 words),stating why you would be an excellent electrician.
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V).
- Include your academic/professional certificates.
Application will be reviewed as received. The last day of review will be 9th December 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.