The Laikipia Rabies Vaccination Campaign (LRVC) is in its sixth year of implementation. We seek a Campaign Manager who will be responsible for successfully managing the 2020 LRVC campaign and other related tasks. This position will report to the LRVC Committee and carries the responsibilities of supervising the preparation, implementation, and follow-up of the 2020 LRVC in concert with key partners. The duration of the project will run until January 2021 under a contract, renewable upon successful completion of task.
- Manage the day-to-day planning and implementation of the LRVC campaign.
- Coordinate the links between education, vaccination, safety and health, domestic animals demographics, and rabies research to ensure that each of these LRVC components are addressed adequately.
- Coordinates the team in charge of storing and managing data key to LRVC annual efforts, including demographic data, budget information, expenditure, reporting, and annual campaign summaries.
- Assist in compiling reports on LRVC.
- Manage the development of fundraising programs for the LRVC including annual and/or multi-year funding proposals.
- Steer and lead a humane education program.
- Manage local and international interns.
- Coordinate all scientific aspects of the project.
- Any other responsibilities related to the project.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any relevant field. A Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Previous experience working on an LRVC campaign.
- At least 4 years’ experience in a profession related to animal health, veterinary services and/or infectious disease.
- Experience leading a multi-stakeholders project and demonstration of extensive leadership skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the LRVC.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and oral, to a diverse audience, including active listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, and collaboration skills.
- Ability to successfully handle multiple tasks and deadlines at once, and be able to determine appropriate priorities; must be able to make independent interpretations and make appropriate decisions that are in the best interest of the organization and that are consistent with the objectives of senior management.
- Ability to work efficiently at all levels of the organization and influence others to progress towards a shared vision or goal.
- Excellent analytic, problem-solving and root-cause identification skills.
- Ability to balance attention to detail while maintaining focus on the big picture.
- Fluent in English and Swahili.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
To apply for this position, please send a single pdf attachment (file name formatted as lastname_firstname_date.pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject ‘LRVC 2020’ including the following information:
- A cover letter that includes a statement of interest
- Curriculum Vitae (C.V.)
- Contact information for three referees.
Review of applications starts immediately. The successful candidate is expected to report on 2nd March 2020. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.